Compatibility when mounting a tow bar mounted rack is less dependent on the car design and more specifically dependent on the car's tow bar specifications. A tow-bar must meet the following criteria:
- The maximum load capacity of the tow bar must certainly exceed the weight of the bike rack AND the weight of the bicycles you which to load.
- The distance between the tow ball the car bumper should be at least 6,5 cm.
- The tow bar must be made out of steel at least an equivalent material. tow bars made out of cast iron (GGG40) or Aluminium are not to be used in combination with our bike racks.
- The electrical connection must be 7-pin or 13-pin (see your local & legal specifications).
- The socket cannot be located directly on or just below the tow ball.
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Submit a support request